Dimitra Gkatzia’s webpage
I am a lecturer (similar to assistant prof in US and elsewhere) of computing at Edinburgh Napier University. Before that, I was a postdoctoral researcher at Heriot-Watt University investigating ways of information presentation of uncertain data. Prior to this, I completed my PhD at the same university researching AI techniques for summarising time-series data in natural language. I also hold a masters on Artificial Intelligence with distinction from Heriot-Watt University. My main research interest is Natural Language Generation, i.e. the process of generating language automatically from non-linguistic data such as time-series data, database entries etc.
- I was elected to serve on the board of the ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation (2017 – 2020).
- I was awarded the Fellowship of Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- I am the Tutorials and Invited Talks chair for INLG 2017 (to be held in Santiago De Compostella).
- I am always looking for talented Computer Scientists who want pursue a PhD on Natural Language Technologies. Please contact me if you intend to apply.
- Christina Barros (research visitor from University of Alicante): Generating Inflected Verbs using Machine Learning
- Lewis Sharpe (summer 2016): Referring Expression Generation for Objects in Real-World Scenes
- Ph.D in computer Science, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK (2011 – 2014)
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence, Distinction, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK (2010 – 2011)
- BSc (Hons) in Education Technology and Digital Systems, 2.1, University of Piraeus, Piraeus, Greece (2004 – 2009)