Dimitra Gkatzia’s webpage
I am an Associate Professor at Edinburgh Napier University. Before that, I was a postdoctoral researcher at Heriot-Watt University investigating ways of information presentation of uncertain data. Prior to this, I completed my PhD at the same university researching AI techniques for summarising time-series data in natural language. I also hold a masters on Artificial Intelligence with distinction from Heriot-Watt University. My main research interest is Natural Language Generation, i.e. the process of generating language automatically from non-linguistic data such as time-series data, database entries etc., Natural Language Understanding for dialogues and Human-Robot Interaction.
*NEW: I’m looking for a PhD student to work on NLG for low-resource domains/languages. If you are interested, please contact me.
- Natural Language Generation for low-resource domains (EPSRC, 2020 – 2023)
- Commonsense- and Visually-enhanced natural Language generation – CiViL (EPSRC, 2020-2023)
- Enhancing Labour Market Intelligence using Machine Learning – ESRC, SDS (2021-2024)
- Natural language interfaces to support career decision-making of young people (ESRC & SDS, 2020 – 2023)
- Intelligent Agents (Innovate UK, 2019 – 2022)
- Multi3Generation (COST Action, 2019-2023)
- Francesco Belvedere– Research Assistant
- Christina Barros (research visitor from University of Alicante): Generating Inflected Verbs using Machine Learning