Dimitra Gkatzia’s webpage
I am a lecturer of computing at Edinburgh Napier University. Before that, I was a postdoctoral researcher at Heriot-Watt University investigating ways of information presentation of uncertain data. Prior to this, I completed my PhD at the same university researching AI techniques for summarising time-series data in natural language. I also hold a masters on Artificial Intelligence with distinction from Heriot-Watt University. My main research interest is Natural Language Generation, i.e. the process of generating language automatically from non-linguistic data such as time-series data, database entries etc., Natural Language Understanding for dialogues and Human-Robot Interaction.
- Grant Anderson – KTP Associate
- Nick Panagiaris – PhD student
- Francesco Belvedere– Research Assistant
- Federica Vinella- now PhD student at Utrecht University
- Christina Barros (research visitor from University of Alicante): Generating Inflected Verbs using Machine Learning
- Lewis Sharpe(summer 2016 – now PhD candidate at Heriot-Watt): Referring Expression Generation for Objects in Real-World Scenes